Need to be picked up, dropped off? Where are you going? How many are traveling? What day of the week is it? What’s the weather like? These questions could determine the taxi tariff.
Carol and three others used Taxis G7 to travel from their Marais apartment to Gare Montparnasse.
They called the phone number for Taxis G7 and reserved in English. The taxi driver was on time, courteous and they were happy.
For travel with a fixed price I have received recommendations for WeCab, part of Taxis G7. Both Website are available in English.
Reserve in advance. Make arrangements to be picked up at your apartment, airport or train station.
A normal taxi ride from CDG to the Bastille is 50 euros for one or two people.
- There were four passengers
- More suitcases than usual because they going on extended holidays, including two weeks on a canal barge
- The buses and RERs required transferring from the RER to either taxis or the metro to get to the Marais apartment
- They were on vacation and had jet lag.
Taxis G7 – (TaxiBleus is now part of G7) These are the official Parisian taxis. Book by telephone, estimates cost/time, book and track, share a taxi to the airports (Website in English) (Book at least a day in advance for peace of mind if you are going to the airport or train station)
WeCab – Good for group travel with lots of bags. Call or reserve on line (no complaints so far). Website in English.
Uber – Why not to use them: not licensed by the city of Paris and uncontrolled liability insurance.
Smartphone applications that might prove useful:
- Taxi G7 Priority Taxi Booking
- Cab meter Paris – calculate the distance, calculate the fare
- TaxiParis – where to find a taxi stand
- Taxibeat free app (might only be available for USA taxis)
Taxi information from the Minister of Economy and Finance regarding taxis tariffs (use Google Translate).