March 31 and April’s cinema menu:
– La Fête est Finie Saturday, March 31 at 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Luminor Hôtel de Ville, 20 rue du Temple, 75004 Paris, France. directed by Marie Garel-Weiss Screening starts at 4:30pm followed by drinks from 6pm
– Eva by Benoît Jacquot. With Isabelle Huppert, Gaspard Ulliel.
☞ Friday 6 April at Studio 28. Cocktail from 8pm, screening at 9pm.
– Mektoub my Love: Canto Uno by Abdellatif Kechiche with Shaïn Boumedine, Ophélie Bau.
☆IN THE PRESENCE OF THE FILM CREW☆
– La Belle et la Belle by Sophie Fillières with Sandrine Kiberlain, Agathe Bonitzer.
☞ Friday 13 April at Club de L’Étoile. Drinks from 7pm, screening at 8:30pm followed by Q&A.
– Le Collier Rouge by Jean Becker with François Cluzet, Nicolas Duvauchelle.
☞ Friday 20 April at Luminor Hôtel de Ville. Cocktail from 7pm, screening at8pm.
– La Ch’tite Famille by Dany Boon with Dany Boon, Laurence Arné.
The concept for Lost in Frenchlation was born out of the frustration experienced by Lost in Frenchlation’s Co-Founders, Matt and Manon, when they couldn’t go to the cinema together due to Matt’s lack of French language skills. There wasn’t a single cinema in Paris regularly screening French films with English subtitles, meaning that the international community – Paris’ many expatriates, international students and tourists – couldn’t access French cinema, one of the country’s greatest arts and an important part of French culture.