Glancing at the Arts in the City‘s newsletter, the headline “Reservez une nuit d’hôtel à l’ Opéra Garnier” (Reserve a night at the Opera Garnier) caught my eye. Mark your calendar and keep your computer open! Reservations open March 1 at 6 pm (CET-Paris). The first date to reserve is July 16. Sit down for the next piece of information: 37 Euros a night.
The Opera National de Paris and Air BnB are collaborating for an extraordinary experience: a one-night stay in the Box of Honor. This loge (box) usually reserved for visiting dignitaries (without the bed, of course).
Additional, fun information about the event
“Guests will sleep in the largest opera box in the Palais Garnier – the Box of Honour – a room normally reserved for visiting dignitaries.
– The best location in the house to take in the architectural beauty of the Palais Garnier and its stage.
– A tour of hidden areas in the Palais, rarely seen by the public, including the Opera’s incredible private archives and famous underground lake featured in the famous novel.
– A private ballet initiation with one of the Opera de Paris Ballet dancers.
– An exclusive recital performed by the artists of Paris Opera Academy, complete with champagne and hors d’oeuvres.
– Dinner in the lavish Foyer de la Danse, a private and historic dancing rehearsal room behind the stage, used by dancers for warming up before a show.
– A rooftop tour of the iconic Opera building where guests will enjoy a picturesque moment with one of the best views of Paris.”
The 1875 Opera National is undergoing a major exterior renovation and is covered in scaffolding. The interior appears to be adding a new lustre to romance and history. Good luck everyone with your reservation!